News > Blog
Global Communities’ Response to Ukraine Crisis
Published 03/11/2022 by Global Communities
For decades, Global Communities has responded to complex humanitarian emergencies. Our approach prioritizes partnering with affected communities to identify and address urgent needs with a focus on resilience and long-term recovery. In addition, Global Communities has worked in Eastern Europe for more than 60 years and has a deep understanding of the unique needs of the region.
Since 2016, Global Communities has led an international consortium of organizations in Ukraine to implement a program that improves the ability of local governments to identify and support the needs of their community, with a focus on promoting gender equality, women’s empowerment and enhancing economic sustainability. Through this work, our dedicated team on the ground has developed close relationships with local governments and organizations and has conducted a rapid assessment to identify specific needs and priorities for affected communities in Ukraine.
To respond to the immediate crisis in Ukraine, Global Communities is focused on meeting the urgent needs of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in the western part of the country. We will work directly with local government and civil society organizations to supply essential non-food items such as beds, warm clothing, hygiene supplies, stoves, flashlights and fire hoses. Global Communities has the experience in procurement and logistics to move these essential items to the more than 20,000 IDPs expected to arrive in these communities.
Global Communities’ approach to humanitarian assistance focuses on restarting livelihoods, increasing access to financial services, rebuilding homes and neighborhoods, and providing psychosocial support. Protection is at the heart of our programs, and through mainstreaming protection and direct service delivery, we ensure that life-saving responses are grounded in the principle of Do No Harm.
Please join our team as we respond to the crisis in Ukraine:
– Learn more about Global Communities’ support to our Ukrainian colleagues.
– Donate now to support our response to the crisis in Ukraine and other complex emergencies.
– Download our technical briefs:
- A Decade of Conflict: Protection Issues for Displaced Persons in Northern Syria
- WASH Capacity in Humanitarian Emergencies
- The Long-Term Impact of Neighborhood-Based Recovery in Haiti
- Resilience, Rebuilding and Humanitarian Assistance in Post-Disaster Lebanon
- Advancing Social Cohesion and Reconciliation in Post-Conflict Sri Lanka
- Programming in Syria has Great Impact on Food Insecurity